Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Amazing Gifts!

“...every perfect gift is from above...” James 1:17



We don’t realize it but many, many gifts tumble down one after the other from heaven. I like to count my blessings and write them down in my notebook after I read Ann Voskamp’s book, “One Thousand Gifts”. I’m up to 6,488 today, but those are all concrete blessings like “thank You for keeping Josh safe” or for “good sales”, etc. I have not counted how God gave me miracle skin, that no matter how many times I dirty it up, I can clean it. When I get a wound, it heals! Even the fact I can feel pain is a gift. I get a warning that I’m in danger if I get too near a heat source!  Our skin regenerates every 27 days, and even without me consciously directing my body, my heart pumps, my kidneys and lungs work, my hair grows! So many amazing gifts! 



But the most amazing gift is God’s love that surrounds us, sustains us, and allows us to grow in His light. We take so many things for granted, but God does not take us for granted. We have a Covenant with Him, and we walk in blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy