Thursday, January 11, 2018

Make Me Clean

“If you are willing, you can make me clean.” Mark 1:40




A leper approached Jesus, knelt down and begged, “If You are willing, You can make me clean.”


Jesus then touched him and said, “I am willing. Be clean!” Immediately the leper was healed. Does anyone know why one person gets healed and another doesn’t? When my mom was diagnosed with tongue cancer, we prayed, confessed healing scriptures, brought her to priests with the charismatic gift of healing, went on a pilgrimage to Lourdes and Padre Pio’s San Giovanni Rotondo. 5 years after the diagnosis, the Father chose to take her home. I am remembering my mom today because tomorrow would have been her 83rd birthday. She left us almost 3 years ago. 


God could have healed her, but by the time it was clear He wanted her home, he healed ME of my fear of death, specifically my mom’s death. I thought I would be devastated. My mom was my best friend and there was hardly a day we did not talk. We went to daily mass together in the mornings and we would dawdle before going home telling stories and talking about anything under the sun. Amazingly, the day God took her last breath, I had real joy in my heart. God gave me the gift of knowing mommy was going to a place He designed for us. She would not be in any pain or suffering anymore. No more crying only an indescribable peace, joy and love. Of course I wanted that for my mom! And I am sure we want that for ourselves as well! 




For now Lord, make us clean of sin, unforgiveness, resentment, anything that separates us from You. And when the time comes, accompany us to our real home where we are awaited by our loved ones who have gone on before us. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy