Thursday, January 04, 2018

Come and See

“What are you looking for?” John 1:38




I like to pretend I am part of a Bible story. In the 1st chapter of John, I am one of the crowd listening to John the Baptist. John is a strange character indeed, living in the wilderness, eating locusts and wild honey. He has stringy hair, and clothes woven of camel hair. But eccentric or not, I was convinced he was a man of God. Even before he was born, there were amazing stories about his parents, Zechariah the priest and Elizabeth. When John was born, wonder fell upon the whole neighborhood and the news spread far and wide about how the elderly Elizabeth bore a healthy son and he was to be named John. 


And so here I was among the jostling crowd eager to hear what John was saying. He was pointing to someone, another man. “Behold the Lamb of God! He is the One I was talking about!” And so I left John and followed the One he pointed out. His name was Jesus. 


When Jesus saw us following Him, He asked, “What are you looking for?” Of course, there was so much I wanted to say, to ask, but all I could answer was, “Where are you staying?” because I wanted to find Him again. “Come and see,” Jesus said. That was the start of an exciting adventure. 


All Jesus asks of us is to come follow Him, and see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy