Sunday, November 19, 2017

Impossible Proverbs 31 Wife

“When one finds a worthy wife, her value is far beyond pearls.” Proverbs 31:10




I literally cringe when I read Proverbs 31. The Proverbs 31 wife is far beyond my powers! But there is one verse that I particularly like: “She brings him good, and not evil, all the days of her life.” The one thing I know which will bring my husband the ultimate good is prayer. And so I pray, and pray, and pray, like the persistent widow in Luke 18. I may not be the perfect wife, but I sure know how to pray! It comes from the conviction that all families have an enemy and that enemy has a strategy and a goal to destroy families. Why?


Marriage was instituted by God to be a billboard, a metaphor, a sign of God’s love for us. God chose us to be His bride, and gave Himself sacrificially for us. We respond to Him by submitting to Him, by loving Him, by serving Him, by entering into a covenant bond with Him. The devil absolutely hates the covenant of marriage. He hates families. So we may not know it, we may not see him in our homes, but he and his minions hang around and wait for every opportunity to bring evil into our families. 




The enemy wants us exhausted, bitter, miserable, ready to flare up at any small hurt. To bring good and not evil into our homes, to be a wife worth more than pearls, we need to be aware of the war going on FOR our marriage, FOR our family. We need to be aware of the arsenal we have at our disposal. We need to go inside our prayer closet, wherever that may be, and be like the persistent widow in Luke 18. “Will not God then do justice to His chosen who call out to Him day and night?” Luke 18:7


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy