Friday, October 06, 2017

Save Us!



"O Lord, how long? Will You be angry forever?" Psalm 79:5

When I wake up in the morning, I usually ask Lucy, our helper, for the news. She listens to the radio while working and usually knows before all of us what's happening in our country, and in the world around us. I said, "I hope there's no massacre," and she answered me that there were people killed again last night in this horrific war the President is waging against drugs. 

I can't help thinking God is angry with our sins the same way He was furious with the disobedience of the Jews. We can read in Romans 13:1 that there is no authority except that which God establishes. I cannot help but compare our situation to the time Israel insisted on a king. 

Here is what happened at that time in 1 Samuel 8:6-9:

But when they said, “Give us a king to lead us,” this displeased Samuel; so he prayed to the Lord. And the Lord told him: “Listen to all that the people are saying to you; it is not you they have rejected, but they have rejected me as their king. As they have done from the day I brought them up out of Egypt until this day, forsaking me and serving other gods, so they are doing to you. Now listen to them; but warn them solemnly and let them know what the king who will reign over them will claim as his rights.” Then Samuel enumerated how harshly the king they wanted would treat them (1 Samuel 8:10-18), and yet the people still insisted on having a king. 

When our nation voted President Duterte into office, it was tantamount to rejecting God, the same way the Jews rejected Him. President Duterte clearly enumerated what he would do, that Manila Bay would turn red from the people he would have killed. Whenever he spoke, he spoke of death and curses and one could see his heart, and yet, 16 million chose him to lead us. 



Lord have mercy on us. We confess our many sins and weaknesses. We have done evil in Your sight, O Lord. Please do not be angry with us forever but save us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy