Wednesday, August 09, 2017

You Will Have What You Say

"By my life, says the Lord, I will do to you just what I have heard you say." 
Numbers 14:28



Moses asked some men to reconnoiter the land of Canaan, the land God promised the Israelites. When they came back, they reported that the people in the land were huge and fierce from a race of giants who will swallow them up and consume them. "We felt like grasshoppers!" At this the whole community wailed aloud, complained ALL night wanting to go back to Egypt. 

All this grumbling displeased God so much that He declared: "By my life, I will do to you the very things I heard you say!" This reminds me of a very important thing Jesus said in Mark 11:22-24: "Have faith in God....For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be removed and cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, HE WILL HAVE WHATEVER HE SAYS." 

I think this is a very important key that unlocks God's blessings and promises. Grumbling and complaining closes the gates to God's favor. Believing and proclaiming God's promises in faith, humility and perseverance, will open the gates to God's miracles.  “Life and death are in the power of the tongue” (Proverbs 18:21).

Lord, may I trust in You and Your Word. May I think rightly so that what I say comes from the fullness of a heart that believes in You. May my words line up with Yours and may I have a rich harvest according to the good seeds I plant in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy