Tuesday, August 01, 2017

Do Come Along!

"If I find favor with You, O Lord, do come along in our company." Exodus 34:9




It's profitable and wise to read and study how God's favored people related to God. Perhaps even to write down in a notebook the words they used to speak to God, and use it for ourselves. Moses in particular had a very close and intimate relationship with the Lord of Lords. In Exodus 34:11, we are told that God spoke to Moses just as with a friend. To be friends with God is even more possible now that the veil is torn  (Matthew 27:50-51a). 


The veil or curtain used to separate the Holy of Holies from the rest of the Temple where men stayed. This veil was almost 60 feet high, and early Jewish tradition says it was 4" thick. When Jesus died, this veil was torn in two from top to bottom. This meant that we could now enter into God's holy place. Jesus opened the gate for us. 


"No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you." (John 15:15) 


How is it possible, Lord, that You want to be my friend? Thank You for standing at the door and knocking, and if I open the door, You will come in and sup with me and we can talk and talk like old friends (Revelation 3:20). 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy