Wednesday, July 19, 2017

WOYWW: God's Friend


Here are some purses I've made with scrap cloth, lace, buttons, and bits and pieces of embroidered fabric. 


And here I am posting these Boho inspired earrings. I got them for P10 or the equivalent of 10 cents, then I altered them with scrap cloth, a few sequins, a needle and thread. 


Here's another pair I altered. 



"I must go...and see why the bush is not burned." Exodus 3:3

When Moses was doing something ordinary, tending the flock of his father-in-law, a task he did every day, something extraordinary caught his attention. There was a bush engulfed in flames but it was not consumed. When he went closer, God spoke to him. "I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, of Isaac, of Jacob." 

God introduced Himself to Moses. He wants to do the same for each of us, for all of us. In the midst of our ordinary, every day chores, God is there. He may not show Himself in a burning bush, but He is there in the kindness of strangers, the bonds of love we have with our family, the Eucharist, the times we use the gifts and talents He gave us, in every ordinary day. 



Lord, just as You called Moses and had a purpose for Him, so You call us. May we know what You want us to do with the gifts and talents, all the resources You blessed us with. One day, may we hear you say as You said to Moses, "You have found favor with me, and you are my friend." (Exodus 33:17)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy