Wednesday, July 12, 2017

WOYWW: Go, Preach


Here's what's on my desk this morning. I start out with a Bible verse I want to illustrate and then look for a picture to trace on my Bible.


After tracing, I paint the picture with acrylic. 


I make sure I can still read the Words underneath the paint. Then I use a brown pencil to outline the picture. 



"Jesus sent these men on mission as the Twelve..." Matthew 10:5



"Go, preach!" That's what Jesus instructed the Twelve to do. We may not be conscious of it, but that is our mandate as well. After Jesus rose from the dead, when the disciples saw him again, He reminded them, "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations...teaching them to observe all I have commanded you..." (Matthew 28:19-20)

A lot of people think the end of the world is near, and although I'd like to think the same, it's quite clear that it won't come in my lifetime. Jesus said, "And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come." (Matthew 24:14) The word nations in this verse is translated from the Greek word which means ethnic groups. There are many unreached people in the world! Not all of us are called to leave our families and go to Bhutan, North Korea, or Iraq, etc., but we can hasten the work of evangelists and missionaries working like little ants in these places. Thousands of Chinese missionaries who have been trained and purified by 60 years of imprisonment, torture, and much suffering, have infiltrated these countries wary of Western evangelists. They are not interested in building churches of concrete, but house churches like in the Book of Acts. 



We need to do our part and support these men and women of steel resolve by praying for them resolutely, and by supporting them financially. BacktoJerusalem.com tells us what to pray for and how to help. God's work is amazing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy