Saturday, July 22, 2017

I Have Seen Him!

"Have you seen Him whom my soul loves?" Song of Solomom 3:3, "I have seen the Lord!" John 20:18




Today is the Feast day of Mary Magdalene, a sinner who became a saint. This reminds me of what Oscar Wilde said— 'Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.' Indeed, we are all sinners and saints in some way at one time or another, but we should remember 1 Peter 4:8, "...love covers a multitude of sins."


Am I like Mary? Have I been seeking for that great love, and having found it, cherished it, nurtured it, followed Him till the end, even when no one but His mother was there? Mary is Everywoman. An ordinary woman who fell by the wayside, picked up by Jesus and set free. I am that woman, and I continually fall by the wayside. By God's grace, He sends many brothers and sisters with the face of Jesus to pick me up, dust me off and set me on my feet again. How can I, like Mary, say no to that love? 





May I love You, Lord, more than my life itself. Your love for me demands no less. 


http://patsypat.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy