Sunday, July 30, 2017

A Treasure

"The Kingdom of God is like a treasure..." Matthew 13:44



What are our treasures? To me it seems that I consider a lot of junk to be treasures! I collect old books, magazines, heaps of cloth, lace, buttons, bottles, etc. It's hard to get rid of it all because I can think of many wonderful things I can make with them! But I realize they are not worth anything compared to the treasures in the Louvre or the Vatican. But even the magnificent Sistine Chapel is not worth anything compared to the treasure that is Jesus! 

One of Stephen Curtis Chapman's songs goes:  "And if I should live or die, Let me be found pursuing this prize- The One that alone satisfies, 
The treasure of Jesus." Indeed this treasure is not a thing or many things, it is not a place, but it is a Person. This treasure worth more than all the gold in the Universe is Jesus. 

Saint Paul wrote, “I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ… that I may know him and the power of his resurrection” (Philippians 3:8, 10). 

"...no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined, what God has prepared for those who love him” (1 Corinthians 2:9). 

What an amazing and generous God we have that He has given us this treasure we cannot wrap our minds about! I see us going after worthless things for most of our lives, devoting a little bit of it praying, reading the Bible and going to church on Sundays and we expect a prize worth more than life itself? 

Lord, give us the eyes to see, the wisdom to understand, and the faith to give up what we cannot keep to gain what we can never attain on our own. 

http://patsypat.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy